DWI On A Boat
This educational video was provided by Drew Fritsch, an experienced Buffalo DWI attorney.
- Western New York offers many places to go in a boat, and it is important to realize that BWI – boating while intoxicated – carries many of the same penalties as DWI.
- Because of its seriousness, anyone charged with BWI should hire an attorney to work with them.
- Although BWI will not cause a driver’s license to be suspended, if the boater has prior DWIs, those will be considered by the court when imposing its sentence.
- Also, a person with a BWI conviction who is later charged with DWI will find that the BWI conviction will affect that sentence.
- For these reasons, it is advisable to hire an attorney to defend your BWI case.
Were you or a loved one charged with boating under the influence? Don’t plead guilty until you know all of your options.
Contact our experienced DWI attorney in Buffalo, NY, Drew Fritsch to defend your driving record and protect your future. We offer free consultations and have achieved positive outcomes for countless clients.